Friday, September 19, 2008

It Begins...

It Begins…

I really should have started this blog a few weeks earlier. It would have been nice to actually start this with the beginning of a new season of football, but 2 or 3 weeks in I might as well jump right in.

Today is my very first blog on sports, something I have always been fond of. I am a heavy sports fan of many types, and I also like writing. So why not just combine both and talk about sports through this blog?

Seems like a good idea.

But before I really get into it, I need to make a disclaimer:

Remember folks, what I say here is my opinion, not some “down from the mountain” kinda gospel. We all have our opinions on what happens in the sports world, some more extreme than others. I am no different. I’d like to think that I am a sports FAN, not a FANATIC. Some people are so blindly loyal to their team that they can’t reason anything else.

So today, Friday, September 19th, begins my first sports blog. Cool.

As the days and weeks go by, I hope to be blogging about things that happen in the sports world. I am not saying these things to kiss anybody’s behind, I am speaking as a guy that likes sports. But even though I love sports, there are lots of things I do not like about it…we’ll get into that as we go.

My favorite sport might be college football, but college basketball, NFL football and NBA basketball are right there…I guess it depends on the season. Heck, it woulda been nice to have blogged through the Olympics, but you can’t turn back the clock.

And understand, as you read my blogs, understand that I never said or claimed that I know it all, I just enjoy these sports enough to talk about it…heck, isn’t that what those other guys on ESPN, FOX, Sports Illustrated and others get to do?

Anyway, stay tuned….

No comments: